Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bird Nest Pendants



Gorgeous aren't they! I know this isn't a new project and many of you will probably have already come across Sarah Ortega's bird nest necklaces but I've been in love with them for a long time and haven't attempted them yet. 

They require just two things:
beads
wire
Yup just two things aside from the chain or bracelet to make these pretty things. 


Well now is the perfect time because there are five, yes that's right, five babies on the way within my family. What could be a cuter mommy-to-be gift than a bird nest necklace or charm bracelet with beads corresponding to the number of children they have/are expecting and the sexes! I have made two with what wire I had but it is far too thick and with the size of the beads I had didn't come out how I wanted them too. Next week however I'll be stocking up on new beads and wire and will post pics after! So in the meantime head on over to Sarah Ortega's VERY easy tutorial to try it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment